Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stand Firm - Acts 25:10-26:1


During the time of my husband's illness, I wondered why God had brought him so far, had prepared him for ministry work like Kairos prison ministry, Honduran Mission trips, and outreach to men in local congregations through a program called Renewal.  Why did God give Dave such a powerful witness only to snuff it out a few years after it begun?

As I am reading about Paul's journey and the times he spent saying the same thing over and over with his words falling on apparent deaf ears.But Paul never stopped proclaiming the truth.  Paul answered: “I am now standing before Caesar’s court, where I ought to be tried. I have not done any wrong to the Jews, as you yourself know very well. 11If, however, I am guilty of doing anything deserving death, I do not refuse to die. But if the charges brought against me by these Jews are not true, no one has the right to hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar!” (Acts 25:10-11)

I realize now that Dave's witness was even greater during his illness and following his death.  People listened to stories about all the amazing things God did during Dave's life.  People also heard of some of the more precious moments God blessed Dave with during this difficult time.

It is becoming apparent that Paul's ministry is enhanced with the length of time it is taking to clear his name. The more he proclaims his innocence and demands to be taken to Rome for his trail, the more people hear him repeat the gospel message. God worked in mysterious ways in Paul’s life and He will do the same with your life and mine.

Read the Acts 25:10-26:1 text here.

1 comment:

Judy Mathis said...

Judy, Your writing today touches my heart. A wonderful devotional. The depth of your understanding and faith come through, reaching out to encourage me to keep going forward on my journey. Thank you for being so faithful in writing these devotionals.