Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Faith in the Son - 1 John 5:1-12

Do you know your Baptism date?  The pastor at a church I once attended encouraged his congregation to make a big deal of this date.  He went so far as to say this date was more important to celebrate than our birthday.  At the time I thought this an interesting idea, but never totally bought into it.  

As I get older (maybe wiser too), I recognize the value of this practice for certainly the day we become truly alive - alive in Christ - is a day to party.  Yesterday was my daughter Katie and husband Dave's baptism day.  As I was journaling that point I was struck by the fact that were it not for Dave's baptism I would not have the hope and joy in the knowledge we will be together again.


"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life." (1 John 5:11-12)

Who are you rejoicing about today?  Who do you know that has gone to be with Jesus and you will see again?  Is there someone in your life now who needs this gift?  Let's Build Up God's Community by sharing Jesus' story and His love.

Read the 1 John 5:1-12 text here.

No comments: