Pageviews past week

Monday, September 19, 2011

Love God and Each Other - 1 John 4:7-21

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." (1 John 4:12)

Have you ever felt like you needed to have 'Jesus with skin on'?  This is a phrase we have probably heard a time or two, and have more than likely experienced this need a time or two as well.  For me, verse 12 above is the epitome of this saying.  To me people who are a vital and active part of the Body of Believers can be counted on to be just what we need during times of great need.

The love we Christians share with each other is a result of the love God has freely given us.  I know that if I did not feel the affection God has for me I would not be able to love people He puts in my path.  Until God's love was a reality, something I truly believed and therefore experienced firsthand, I was unable to care about anyone else.  The way a Christian cares is so much different from the world.

Many of you reading were a part of caring for my family last winter.  You brought food, you called to check up on us, you wrote cards of encouragement,  you visited, you sent message on Facebook and via email.  And most importantly you prayed.  You made such an impact on us at a time when we could have felt so alone.  I can say, I have not seen God, but the love you bestowed on us during Dave's illness illustrates how God lives in you and His love was made complete.  

This is what I call, "Building Up Our Communities".  It is all about love.

Read the 1 John 4:7-21 text here.

No comments: