Pageviews past week

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Love Builds Up - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

I am preparing to write an essay for a contest I plan to enter.  The topic is diligence, and what a subject I am finding it to be. In fact, I might be able to write a book on that theme.  It is curious because I started doubting myself and questioning this call to writing I have been given.  When I am feeling fearful and doubts begin to assail my mind generally I turn to the Bible or one of my devotionals, trusting God to speak through them.  He usually does.

For some reason I turned to February 18th which happens to be the date my husband met Jesus face to face.  Do you know the topic for that day was diligence?  Proverbs 10:4 was quoted, “Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.”

It takes diligence to accomplish many things in life worth achieving.  Love is probably the most worthy goal; love of God and love for one another.  It takes love and diligence to ‘build up’ a community that loves—God and one another.  I think I am on to something here, you to?


How does God speak to you words you need to hear?  Does He use His Word or does he use someone in the Fellowship of the Body of Believers, the Community?

Read the 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 text here.

No comments: