Pageviews past week

Friday, September 23, 2011

Build Up the Community - 3 John 1-13

Don't you find it wonderful to know you have so many friends at church?  When I would assist during service on Sunday with announcements, I wasn't nervous because I knew the folks in front of me liked me and wanted only what was best for me.  If I did flub something, they would laugh right along with me, never at me.  That is Building up the Community, one person at a time.

"It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it." (3 John 3)

John is writing to a good friend, Gaius and acknowledging his faithfulness to the truth, speaking highly of Gaius' actions.  John's words are building Gaius up for the community. We all need the proverbial 'pat on the back' once in a while.  Who have you encouraged recently?  Is there a new believer who could use a kind word, a faithful worker who moves in the back ground silently but faithfully?  Build up the Community of Believers one person at at time.

"Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God." (3 John 11)

Read the 3 John 1-13 text here.

No comments: