Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pray Continually - 2 Timothy 1:1-7

As I was writing in my journal this day, I was listing those I am praying for and acknowledged the list was getting longer each day.  The prayers ranged from health issues, to financials concerns, to petitions that some lost friends and relatives find Jesus.  There are varying degrees of urgency to these requests, but I ended my list with "Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17).  I noted in the margin, "How does one  do that?"

The text today speaks of Paul praying continually for Timothy.  Again I ask, "How?"

"I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers." (2 Timothy 1:3)
Now, granted, Paul has lots of time as once again he is in prison, but Paul has been praying for Timothy since they first met.  So what does praying continually look like?  For me, I am sure I fall short of Paul's practice, but I have faith that once I give my requests to God He has them covered.  Therefore, if I live my day and my life in close contact with God, connecting with Him all day on every issue before me, I consider this praying continually.

Paul's love for Timothy and the faith he has that Timothy will carry on the convicted man's work of spreading the Gospel, give Paul strength and reason to pray continually for their ministry of love.

Read the 2 Timothy 1:1-7 text here

No comments: