Pageviews past week

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Word Speaks - Hebrews 4:1-13

Is the Word of God living and active in your life?  How do you know if it is and what does that look like?  When I wonder about this all I have to do is take a look back at my past week or two.  I page through my journal as well, for it is there I can see where God has been moving.

Personally I have been asking God what is to become of me; what am I to do with the rest of my life.  I am in my 60's and I feel He needs to act quickly if there is a big job ahead of me.  My devotional booklet that day read: "The God of the Red Sea is your God."  He is a great big God...don't limit Him.  When God speaks to me like this I have no doubt His Word is living and active.


Hebrews 4:12-13 (NIV)
12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.


Where do you see God's Word moving you?  Knowing that God sees everything and "everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him...", what will you next move be?  Getting myself into His Word on a regular basis is making my faith stronger, my life more joyful. "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." (Hebrews 12:2)

Read the Hebrews 4:1-13 text here.

No comments: