Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 8, 2011

James 1:19-27

James is such a convicting Book of the Bible don't you think?  Right from the starting gate the words of perseverance smack us in the face.  Not only are we instructed to persevere through all the trials of life we are told to consider it pure joy while do it!  I have learned to come to terms with this and to actually step out in faith and practice these commands; and God knows he has given plenty of opportunity to practice.

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." (James 1"19-20)

When I read the test for today I really had to smile, because just a few short weeks ago the Pastor at the church I have been attending in Wisconsin preached on these lines.  I listened, took notes, even discussed the topic over dinner with a couple of my new friends.  And wouldn't you know it, I got a chance to practice what I learned that very next day.  I was grinning inside as I knew God put me in that church, that evening to hear that message so I would know what to do - or not to do - as the case may be.

A situation had been brewing that was going to call for me to be still, only listening.  I was going to be called upon to pray and not act, love and not become angry.  God was preparing me, my heart, to act in the manner He wanted me to.  Have you ever felt manipulated by God?  Isn't is amazing to realize that we have a God who would go to these extremes to help us behave in a way that would do Him proud and save us a lot of grief?  Praise God from whom all blessing flow!

Read the James 1:19-27 text here.

No comments: