Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Paul ministers to nations - Romans 15:14-22

"I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another. Yet I have written you quite boldly on some points to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:14-16)

I might feel like I have all the answers, but I find that I need reminders once in a while.  There are times in my life when I feel I have my life all together, when I am so sure of myself that I might forget to stop and ask God if I am on the right page.  I might neglect to connect with my accountability partner and share my life and struggles with them.

The Scripture today reminds me I need to have an open mind about everything.  I need to approach life with a teachable heart and a willing spirit.  I use my journal and my devotion time much like the Christians of the early church used the Epistles (letters), as a way to check my motives, regroup and take stock of my behaviors.

God know I am weak and He has provided me with exactly what I need for today.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Read the Romans 15:14-22 text here.  Listen to the text here.

No comments: