Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Proverbs 15:23-33

Joy is found in giving the right answer. 
      And how good is a word spoken at the right time!  (Proverbs 15:23)

Have you ever regretted saying something even before the words were out of your mouth?  My grandfather used to tell me that was called putting your mouth in motion before your mind was is gear.  I would have to admit the majority of my apologies to people were over something I said rather than something I did.

It is always fruitful for me to take a breath and compose my thoughts before responding to a difficult person.  There are situations as well, that require a deep breath before speaking.  If any of you reading this have recently suffered a loss or encountered a life threatening illness, you know how words meant to comfort can cut deeply.

A cheerful look brings joy to your heart.
      And good news gives health to your body
. (Proverbs 15:30)

There are times when words need not be spoken and it is these times when a cheerful look, or a touch on the shoulder says all that need be said.  It is the compassionate gaze, the reassuring smile and the consoling hand that bring comfort.




Read the Proverbs 15:23-33 text here.  Listen to a reading of the Proverbs 15:23-33 text here.

No comments: