Pageviews past week

Friday, December 2, 2011

Luke 9:37-43

But Jesus rebuked the impure spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father. And they were all amazed at the greatness of God. (Luke 9:42-43)


Have you ever been amazed at the greatness of God?  If you are anything like me you do a lot of looking back at your life, and then see how God has been working during some difficult days.  I smile knowing our God is an amazing God.  I write in a journal regularly and that tool gives me opportunity to experience this any time I choose to take a look at an entry from a year ago or five years ago.  It is very eye-opening.

Those times I struggled most, God was there.  When I felt alone, God was there, loving and forgiving me. Some days he used other people to minister to me, sometimes music made a dark day light.  Mostly His Word is speaking, guiding and comforting.  I begin each morning in my journal with "now I am seeking your Word for me today."

Each day when I do this and read the scripture in the devotional I use, God speaks.  Our amazing God will do this for you to.  You can read the same verses I read and hear a totally different message.  Amazing, simply amazing!

And they were all amazed at the greatness of God. (Luke 9:43)

Read the Luke 9:37-43 text here.  Listen to a reading of the Luke 9:37-43 text here.

No comments: