Pageviews past week

Saturday, December 3, 2011

2 Corinthians 3:7-18

At first read through, these words are confusing at best.  But when I listen to the reading, close my eyes and hear the words, they begin to sink in to my heart.  What I am hearing is that the covenant God made with Moses and the 10 Commandments issued on the tablets of stone were very good.  The old covenant was necessary at the time, for the people to have faith and order.  The 10 Commandments provided the people with guidelines and rules so they could recognize the difference between good and bad behavior.

Now, we have a new covenant in Jesus.  He is the promise of God for salvation; our hope and grace; a covenant which remains forever. This covenant is one of freedom for all who believe.

"Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold." (2 Corinthians 3:12) 

What does that boldness look like?  At times it looks like one friend sharing the Good News with another; at other times it is acknowledging the gift of forgiveness and embracing grace and peace.  I can boldly claim my salvation and I can also rest in the assurance that those I love who have already been called home, I will see one day.  For good things that happen to me, I boldly declare, "God is so good, all the time."



"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17)


Read the 2 Corinthians 3:7-18 text here.  Listen to a reading of the 2 Corinthians 3:7-18 text here.

No comments: