Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1 Corinthians 14:26-40

If everyone was courteous and considerate in everything, would there be any problems in the world?  This scenario seems to be the answer to all the conflict and skirmishes in life.  "Love your neighbor as yourself" - the second greatest command would be second nature in a world that was courteous and considerate in everything.
We are sinful, so this is not going to happen in this lifetime, but it is something to strive for.  Practice makes perfect and by the time God welcomes us to His kingdom we will be ready for perfection and righteousness. When we get to Heaven we will bring love with us, but I was reminded that we will also bring our memories, experiences and our scars.  Isn't that an interesting thought?  How does that make you feel?
The more I think about this the more I feel like Heaven is going to be so exciting, wonderful and explosive.  I think that I will be me, not some unreal being who is starting all over again now that I have reached Heaven.  I think that I will now be able to move forward and not get hung up on things this world calls ' acceptable'.  Love is the magic word and it is peppered throughout Scripture.  Every lesson has something to do with love.
"Be courteous and considerate in everything." (1 Corinthians 14:40)

Read the 1 Corinthians 14:26-40 text here.  Listen to an audio reading of 1 Corinthians 14:26-40 here.

No comments: