Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1 Corinthians 15:1-19

Chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians is reinforcing the importance of the Resurrection to all Christians.  It is all boiled down to three main points:
  1. Christ died for our sins just as the Scriptures said
  2. Christ was buried
  3. Christ rose again on the third day just as the Scriptures said
The doctrine of Christ's death and resurrection is the foundation of Christianity.  Many of us believe these truths and embrace them daily, but I have found a new meaning in since experiencing the loss of my husband.  The fact that I know he is with Jesus and that I will be also reinforces my faith and gives me a peace filled with joy.  This knew understanding has also made me more aware of the duty we all have to share the Good News with others.

If someone had not shared the story of Jesus with my husband everything would be different.  That puts a burden on my heart to do the job I have been called to.  I remember a few years ago being so influenced by a pastor who also happened to be my boss.  He always spoke of his heart for the lost - and it rubbed off on me.  It was so obvious that his heart broke when he would think of someone not knowing and accepting Jesus into their life.  I wanted a heart like that...I want a heart like that.

"Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.  By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)

Read the 1 Corinthians 15:1-19 text here.  Listen to an audio reading of 1 Corinthians 15:1-19 here.

No comments: