Pageviews past week

Monday, January 30, 2012

Genesis 1:1-19

I love these two verses and find them to be warm and hope-filled.  These lines paint a picture of a God who loves and has cared about everything since before creation.  The Holy Spirit was introduced to us right in the beginning, "...The Spirit of God was hovering..."

There are days and even seasons in my life when I appreciate the fact I can draw up a God who cares and especially one who 'hovers'.  Knowing that the Holy Spirit is nearby, encourages me to hunker down and take advantage of His presence.  I have called upon Him many times in the past 12 months, and He is faithful to hear me and to help me.

Many teens have parents who hover and they become irritated at the unwanted attention from a parent who may be viewed as over protective.  These situations usually occurred just when the young person wants to spread their wings and fly. The last thing wanted is a parent's watchful eye.

What are you going through right now where you need a God who 'hovers'?  I may have rejected my parents attempts to protect me, but I am wise enough now to realize that is just what I want from my God.


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." (Genesis 1:1-20)

Read the Genesis 1:1-19 text here.  Listen to an audio of Genesis 1:1-19 here.

No comments: