Pageviews past week

Friday, February 24, 2012

Matthew 4:23-5:1

Did you have a favorite teacher in school; or perhaps a favorite subject?  I was not particularly fond of school, but I did like my Sophomore English teacher. Of course the fact that he was young and very good looking had nothing to do with it.  I looked forward to attending his class every day.  I loved English, so that helped with the attraction.

"When Jesus saw his ministry drawing huge crowds, he climbed a hillside. Those who were apprenticed to him, the committed, climbed with him. Arriving at a quiet place, he sat down and taught his climbing companions." (Matthew 5:1)

I can imagine the disciples and followers of Jesus anticipating the next mountainside teaching session, can't you?  What must that have been like; to learn from the Master, to hear the Words of the One who is the Author of Life!  We know His closest followers loved Him dearly and they hung on His every word.  I try to imagine his eyes as He taught those around Him.  Attempt to envision His hand gestures as the Teacher pounds home a prophetic point.

Oh, to be lost in that moment in time with the Master.  When I think in terms of Jesus' teaching me now I try to imagine those eyes - lovingly and patiently looking into my eyes - repeating until I finally get it.  His gestures are all loving and I do not for a minute feel intimidated, only loved.  The next time we sit down with our Bibles, visualize Jesus sitting on a hillside...teaching.

Read Matthew 4:23-5:1 here.  Listen to Matthew 4:23-5:1 here.

No comments: