Pageviews past week

Friday, February 17, 2012

Revelation 19:6-10

There was a time I did not like going to church.  I was young for one thing, didn't understand what church was all about and thought there were better things to do on a Sunday morning.  All that has changed and for a number of reasons.  You are among those reasons, for I look forward to seeing friends, talking with you and ultimately worshiping with you. When standing next to you while praising God, I feel like I am in close communion with Jesus.  Scripture says, "Where two or three come together..."

When I go to church now, having lived more of life and having studied God's Word and applied it to my life and situation and circumstances, I am learning to understand the concept of Worship.  Worship fills my heart with peace and joy and love.  Sometimes my heart gets so full that it overflows and I find tears streaming down my face.  Have you ever experienced this?  This is one of the things I see in my mind's eye when reading this section of Revelation; the multitude praising God.

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
(Revelation 19:6-7)

There are many reasons why I love to go to church.  To be in the company of the Fellowship of Believers, singing God's praise together is sweet.  Raising holy hands to God in unison is a vision I believe we will see in Heaven and one that we practice here on earth.

Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” (Revelation 19:9)
Read the Revelation 19:6-10 text here.  Listen to an audio reading here.

No comments: