Pageviews past week

Monday, March 19, 2012

Deuteronomy 13:1-5

"It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him." (Deuteronomy 13:4)

The words, "Keep His commands and obey Him," are significant and a recipe to get through this life and live.  There is talk about the end times being close at hand; but I think there has been that talk in every generation.  When we look around us though, we do have reason to suspect something is going on.  The morality in our county is slipping.  President George Washington was quoted as saying, "Religion and morality are indispensable to our country."

If we look to God and read Scripture on a regular basis, we will understand how to do better.  I know lots of things didn't make sense to me before I began to study God's Word.  It was difficult to behave with integrity all the time.  It did not seem to be any fun to be Christian.  I know there are young people who believe, but don't want to take things too seriously yet because they will miss out on the party.

I hate to be a party pooper, but we are not guaranteed tomorrow.  That frightens me because there are folks I care about who still need to embrace Jesus as their savior.  The false prophets of this world, the idols we place in our lives, all take away from us our time, our morals and our heart.  It isn't a hardship to follow Jesus - it makes life joy-filled and fun.  The real party will be in Heaven.

Read Deuteronomy 13:1-5 here

Listen to a audio of Deuteronomy 13:1-5

No comments: