Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Zechariah 12:10-14

Having a spirit of grace and prayer is a good thing.  Possessing a spirit of grace, one is filled with the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit convicts us, assuming the role of our conscience and nudging us to walk upright.  When a new Believer realizes just what it means to believe and live for Christ, it is because the Holy Spirit is working.

Once I understood what grace was, that I did not earn it and I never could, but it is a gift, I found myself wanting to live right.  While every day is not always a successful day in that respect, the intent is there.  What I understand from the Zechariah text today is that because of the Holy Spirit I am able to know Jesus better.  I learn just what is meant by His sacrifice for us.

This knowledge is also bittersweet as I recognized that Jesus was slain for me, for my sins, my poor judgment and my arrogant ways, my rebellion and my greed.  It is my/our sin that pierced Him, held His body fast to the cross at Calvary.  That is a very sobering admission.  But, I must realize that this is Good News.

Good News is what we are to be about.  We are commanded to spread this news to everyone, telling all about Jesus and the victory over death He has won for us.  Easter Sunday is such an amazing celebration.  I can see and hear it now; the cross draped in white, the lilies gracing the altar, the trumpets sounding a joyful noise.

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.  (Zechariah 12:10)

Read Zechariah 12:10-14 here
Listen to Zechariah 12:10-14 here

No comments: