Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Zechariah 9:9-13

I find foreshadowing so interesting.  The Bible is filled with instances where happenings in the New Testament are foretold in the Old Testament.  Verse 9 in the Zechariah text foretells of Jesus's triumphal entry into Jerusalem, riding on a donkey, Palm Sunday to us.  The verse that jumped off the page for me was verse 12

"Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you."  (Zechariah 9:12 (NIV) 

Do you ever feel like a prisoner of hope?  Like one who clings to that hope daily and lavishes in the promises that hope provides for us, as Believers? Heaven is much more real to me now, having walked with my husband on the path to his eternal life.  After having shared with him, just how wonderful it will be when we find ourselves in the presence of God and experience life as we were meant to live it - in Paradise, I have peace.

That season of my life has reiterated and firmly ensconced the belief in my Hope, who is Jesus.  On the days when existing here on earth seems fruitless if not pointless, I call myself a prisoner of hope.  "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." (1 Peter 3:15)


Read Zechariah 9:9-13 here
Listen to Zechariah 9:9-13 here

No comments: