Pageviews past week

Saturday, April 14, 2012

1 John 1:1-10

Fellowship is important to Christians.  After spending a week in the workplace, the classroom, or the neighborhood, it is necessary to come together as the Body of Christ.  There is nothing quite like spending time with your Spiritual Family.  They can rejuvenate, refresh, and recharge our spiritual batteries.

I built a number of strong relationships at my Ohio church and I learned to love so many of the folks Dave and I worshiped with weekly.  I never missed church on Sunday unless I was sick or out of town.  Monday was guaranteed to be a good day because I was able to spend time with people who believe as I do.  In fact, leaving that fellowship when I moved to WI was very difficult, just like loosing family.

That is the way it should be.  We have been created by God to be in community with one another.  We need each other and it is only right that we grieve when we leave that setting.  By the same token, it takes a long time to get that same feeling when joining another/a new Community of Believers.

"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete." (1 John 1:3-4)

Getting involved in a Fellowship of  Believers is encouraged in scripture, it is written about and also sung about in our praise music.  If you aren't totally immersed in your church family, what's holding you back?  You don't know what you are missing.  It will be your joy complete...

Read 1 John 1:1-10 here

Listen to 1 John 1:1-10 here

No comments: