Pageviews past week

Friday, April 13, 2012

Colossians 1:15-23

I generally begin my journal entry with Dear Jesus, Dear God, or Good Morning Father, and I feel uncomfortable not knowing just how to address my God and my Savior.  That will not be an issue from now on.  When I cry out to one, I am heard by all.  When I worship and praise my Lord, I am honoring and loving the entire Trinity.  I don't have to understand, I just have to believe.

Early believers struggled with the truth of Jesus being God.  Many of us have the same questions.  It isn't easy to understand, and that is where the Holy Spirit comes into play.  Praying for wisdom and understanding He will help us to grasp the meaning of the Colossian text. Paul points out that Jesus' death on the cross, the death that bought salvation for us, is proof of Jesus' deity.


"We look at this Son and see the God who cannot be seen. We look at this Son and see God's original purpose in everything created. For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body." (Colossians 1:15-18 MSG)


The bold line above helps me to understand this better. Jesus is the head of the Church and the Church is living.  The Body of Believers is joined to each other and is the way Christ carries out His work.  This is a most intimate relationship and very real.  Having been on the receiving end of this 'work', I understand better.  When God's people care for God's people, hearts are opened and lives are changed.

Read Colossians 1:15-23 here

Listen to Colossians 1:15-23 here

No comments: