Pageviews past week

Monday, April 30, 2012

1Corinthians 13:8-13

"Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that." (1 Corinthians 13:7-9 MSG)

What words of hope these are.  Paul is telling us we have everything we need, we've got it all!  How do you feel about that?  Most days I would agree and feel as though life could not be better before Jesus' return. Things are clicking, I am content and I feel as though there is purpose to life; my life.

But, being the selfish and sin-filled person I am, there are seasons when I feel just the opposite. Instead of recognizing that I do have it all, I wallow in self-pity and desire more. Not just more of one thing I crave, I want more of everything. More things, more time, more skill, more recognition, more...fill in the blank.

One reason to study God's Word, to dwell in His presence, is to understand just what I do have and also what is waiting for me in eternity. Why do I get so wrapped up on today, this insignificant moment in time, when all of eternity is before me? It is time I learn and put into practice the fact that it really isn't all about me.

It is all about Him, about Jesus whose love and grace is perfect. When we have those two things in our hearts, we have it all.

Read 1Corinthians 13:8-13 here

Listen to 1Corinthians 13:8-13 here

No comments: