Pageviews past week

Monday, April 2, 2012

Mark 14:1-11

As we begin the journey through Holy Week our text for today finds Jesus, yet again, letting His followers know that His time with them is short.  While all of the verses are poignant, I particularly love verse 9.  Jesus is telling the disciples, who found fault with the generous act Mary bestowed on Jesus by anointing Him with expensive perfume, to get their priorities straight.  Jesus viewed this selfless act as preparation for Jesus' burial.

"Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” (Mark 14:9)

Mary may have a better understanding of who Jesus is and what is now happening, than the disciples.  Mary is ministering to her Lord; she is showing Him love and kindness as He has shown her over the years.  That makes me stop and consider all that Jesus has done for me in my life, even before I embraced a relationship with Him.  During this very Holy Week, what can I do to acknowledge all He has done?  What can I do to show those close to me who may not yet understand the difference Jesus makes in a life?

One fairly easy thing I can do is invite someone to come to Easter service with me.  Easter is the perfect time to do this because many people will go to church this day.  More people would feel comfortable coming on Easter because they know church will be packed and they can get lost in the crowd.  They also probably realize many who do not go to church on a regular basis will go this day.  Give it a try.

Read Mark 14:1-11 here

Listen to Mark 14:1-11 here

No comments: