Pageviews past week

Monday, April 23, 2012

Proverbs 2:1-11

My journal pages are filled with pleas for wisdom and understanding.  During various seasons of life I find myself crying out to God for help in grasping the meaning of a situation, and for insight to know what to do next.

Life gets complicated and is often difficult to navigate and I seem to always have something on my heart that needs God's attention.  Knowing I can call out to God, beg for the Holy Spirit to give me wisdom with the assurance this gift will be mine for the asking, helps me to put one foot in front of the other and move on.

"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you...then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." (Proverbs 2:1, 5)

How does one get to the point where it is automatic to turn to God for help in daily living?  Is there a magic wand one can wave and poof, we instinctively pray and seek God's guidance?  Hardly, for this writer it took years of practice.  I began by carving out a few minutes each day reading my Bible then reading a devotional on prayer.  It took months for this to become habit, and something I wanted to do and not a duty.

It took even longer to habitually record my daily struggles and triumphs in a journal.  I know now that God was preparing me for "such a time as this", and He also wants to prepare you.  Life is filled with trouble, heartache and pain but it is also filled with hope and wonder and delight.  We just have to learn how to steer our course through these times and arrive at the opposite shores where we discover our destiny.

Read Proverbs 2:1-11 here

Listen to Proverbs 2:1-11 here

No comments: