Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Philippians 2:12-30

Our mood affects our 'tude.  There are days we might wake up on the wrong side of the bed.  It has been years since I heard that phrase.  My grandfather used to tease us when we were younger, whenever we were grouchy.  That is another one of those phrases I scratch my head and wonder where it came from, but that for another blog.

When I get up in the morning and find that I am crabby, it affects my entire day if I let it.  I could find myself with a rotten attitude all day, for no reason other than something set me off in the morning and I never recovered.  Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum, those days when I feel on top of the morning, I approach each chore with a pleasant outlook and proceed to enjoy the day.

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life." (Philippians 2:14-16a)

Paul is appealing to his followers to have a good attitude about everything.  By completing chores without grumbling, by addressing daily challenges without argument we are doing what is right.  Even when everyone around us is revolting and refusing to live life with a lighter heart, we can be the shining example.  When we make a concerted effort to smile and laugh our way through trying situations, they will become easier to manage.  Just like a yawn, giggles are contagious.

Read Philippians 2:12-30 here

Listen to Philippians 2:12-30 here

No comments: