Pageviews past week

Friday, May 18, 2012

Philippians 3:1-21

Philippians 3:1 (NIV)
Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.

How many times do we sometimes need to hear something for it to sink in?  I know for me, there are some words I need to read often; some messages I must take to heart over and over again.  Too often I allow the world to impact my spirit and I end up with a bad attitude or a sour disposition for no reason.

During those seasons where I am absorbed with problems, whether large or small, and I get away from my habit of daily quiet time first thing in the morning, I will be off kilter until I get myself back in that routine. When I allow life to get the better of me without my armor in place I will be easily pierced by the flaming arrows of the evil one. (Eph 6:10-18)

What can we do when we find ourselves in the midst of pain and suffering?  Get back to the basics, get into the Bible and seek direction or comfort.  It is all there, nestled in the pages of The Book.  It feels so good when I am centered on Christ.  He came to earth-to give us the freedom only salvation provides and reading about that precious gift everyday will cause my Spirit to soar, enabling me to face today with courage and look forward to tomorrow with confidence.

Read Philippians 3:1-21 here

Listen to Philippians 3:1-21 here

No comments: