Pageviews past week

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Philippians 4:1-23


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV) 

How do you, "present your requests to God?"  During this time in life, given the unstable financial situation we find our personal lives and our country's future in, what might this look like?  How do you approach God and ask for help?  Are you specific with your requests, asking questions like, "I need your help to pay the mortgage today, Father?  Please show me what to do.  Or do your prayers remain very generic like, "You know my needs God, and I place them in your hands."

Praying is a personal matter and a public one.  My personal prayer journal is filled with specific petitions which often God will answer in a specific way.  But, there are also prayers that are merely cries for help, needs that I don't know how to express.  Sometimes I don't know how I would envision an answer to my plea; I have no idea what the answer should be.  These problems require God sized intervention.  That is when I surrender to His will.

Today let us consider our prayer life.  Today let us practice giving God control, give up anxiousness and fear.  As Christians, we might not understand the process but we can be confident in the outcome.  "God...will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Read Philippians 4:1-23 here

Listen to Philippians 4:1-23 here

No comments: