Pageviews past week

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Daniel 2:36-49

Whenever I read from the Book of Daniel I am reminded of the famous broadcaster, Paul Harvey, and his popular radio program, The Rest of the Story.  When Daniel interprets the king's dreams they are filled with such doom and gloom, but there is always the feeling that there is much more to the story.  Life is going to be rough because of the consequences to our sinful lives, but there is more to the tale.  Verse 44 is about the completion of the story.


"But throughout the history of these kingdoms, the God of heaven will be building a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will this kingdom ever fall under the domination of another. In the end it will crush the other kingdoms and finish them off and come through it all standing strong and eternal. It will be like the stone cut from the mountain by the invisible hand that crushed the iron, the bronze, the ceramic, the silver, and the gold." (Daniel 2:44) (bolded by writer)

I am reminded that God is in control, not world leaders.  God is in control, not the nightly newscasters.  God is in control, not me.  Whoa, is that not Good News?  I have trouble planning a healthy diet and following through with it, I struggle to stay within a budget, to serve others as part of my Christian walk.  It is most certainly a good thing I am not in control of tomorrow.  Jeremiah 29:11 comes to mind once again.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   

This has been a fun week to write from Daniel.  It was one of my very first Bible studies and it was led by my daughter (who was only a teen at the time).  I will always have fond memories of this book.  It challenges and comforts, it points out the benefits of following God without compromise, it lifts up the importance for regular prayer and so much more.
Read Daniel 2:36-49 here

Listen to Daniel 2:36-49 here

No comments: