Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daniel 6:14-23

Daniel 6:16 (NIV) 
"So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"

So, sounds like Daniel has made a believer out of King Darius.  The Kings pride and need for recognition backfired on him forcing him to follow through with his decree.  Daniel did not cave in to the newest law of the land even to save his life. What a nail biter it was for the King.  Backed into a corner he a sent his faithful servant Daniel into the lion's den.

While we can't really know Darius' heart, his words are encouraging.  "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"  The King prayed for Daniel to escape this punishment.  When the King witnessed Daniel's God in action it seems he believed.

I have come to the realization that pride is the source of my sin.  For years I believed I was inferior to everyone and couldn't understand how God's love covers all of us. I allowed pride to stop me from reaching out in friendship to anyone.  My pride kept me a prisoner, locked in a room of isolation where I felt safe.  It took a few people to break down those walls and their prayer cover to reveal how I needed others in my life.

Daniel must have been so excited to hear his King's words in the next decree from royal lips. “I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel.
“For he is the living God
    and he endures forever;
his kingdom will not be destroyed,
    his dominion will never end."  (Daniel 6:26)

Read Daniel 6:14-23 here

Listen to Daniel 6:14-23 here

No comments: