Pageviews past week

Monday, June 18, 2012

Isaiah 40:21-31


What a way to begin the week!  These four verses wrap up everything for me,  they pull my heart in the right direction.  If I would only read and heed, my life would be filled with the sweet flavor that joy in the Lord provides. If I could but believe these words through thick and thin the air around me would be filled with the aroma of Christ.

My life has an end to it.  There will come a day when I will cease to exist on this earth, but, “The LORD is the everlasting God." His presence we can count on for all time.  When trouble challenges my well-being, Isaiah's words assure me, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." 

Have you ever had the privilege of watching an eagle soaring overhead?  Watch how gracefully they glide along and how seemingly effortless their soar to the heavens appears.  It is a wondrous sight to behold.

Humans have limitations and we need rest, circumstances and situations will drain us of energy and vitality.  Life can become burdensome.  Even young people tire and sometimes stumble and fall. But when we grab hold of our faith, when we allow ourselves to trust in the One who is trustworthy, He will give us strength.  Read these words when you feel the need for a Spiritual pep talk.

Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV) 
 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 
 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 
 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 
 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." 

Read Isaiah 40:21-31 here
Listen to Isaiah 40:21-31 here

No comments: