Pageviews past week

Friday, June 1, 2012

Philippians 3:1-21


"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

When Jesus gets a hold of our heart we are filled with wonder and a sense of awe. I know that once I started to walk with Him I felt different. When I would revert to old behavior I was quickly struck with a feeling of regret. I would fear I was falling back into my previous lifestyle. This verse is a reminder to me I need to forget what is behind and move forward.

Life is a race, a race with time, a race to obtain all Christ wants for us. We never arrive; we are always striving, plowing on through life, forgetting yesterday and creating a bright new today. Yesterday's verse promised us a "hope and a future", today's reading assures us the past is the past.

New Years' Day was 5 months ago. It was a day specifically designated as a time for new beginnings. We resolve to change, to improve, and to be all that we can. Let's approach everyday as though it were New Year's Day, and from a Christian’s viewpoint. Let us examine our lives, decide where we want to change and ask God to help. Let's press on toward the goal together. It is good to know that we do not need to wait for January 1st to make this life change. We are invited to come before the throne of God daily and make a new commitment.

Dear Jesus, thank you that we can come to you daily, hourly and seek your forgiveness. Thank you for always being near enough to talk to and cry out to. Help us to press on continually. Amen.

Read Philippians 3:1-21 here


Listen to Philippians 3:1-21 here

No comments: