Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Joshua 10

I just finished reading Chapter 10 of Joshua and I am reminded of Psalm 27.  The entire Psalm, but especially verse 1, "The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?"


If God is for me, who can be against?  These are words to live by, to cling to when things get rough.  Joshua experienced God's favor as he and his army conquered the nations of the five kings who formed an alliance against Gibeon.  God went so far as to make time stand still and thereby provided for additional daylight hours to accomplish this victory.


"On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:
“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
    and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
 So the sun stood still,
    and the moon stopped,
    till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar."(Joshua 10:12-13)

God had been working miracles in Joshua's life.  Are there any miracles in your life?  Many do not believe that miracles are still happening, but I am not one of them.  I have seen God change hearts and heal bodies. I have been blessed to feel God moving in my life, opening doors and sometimes closing them.

I can only imagine how Joshua felt when the nations they were warring with began to fall.  The presence of God must had taken his breath away.  Is there a situation or season you faced when God took your breath away?  Be sure to write it in your journal because someday you will want to remember everything about that adventure.


Read Joshua 10 here

Listen to Joshua 10 here

No comments: