Pageviews past week

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Story - Chapter 1 - Genesis 7


Genesis 7:5 (MSG)
"Noah did everything GOD commanded him."


Everything!  Did you catch that?  Everything!  Up to this point, for Noah, what God said was good enough for him.  I cannot even begin to imagine what type of faith was required to do what Noah did.  Just from a human standpoint, how Noah could leave himself wide open for the ridicule and embarrassment that would come from stepping outside the box in such a bold way. It would have been very uncomfortable to say the least.

I am thinking of times in my life when I knew for certain I was to behave in a particular fashion, but, my pride got in the way and I hesitated.  I was sure of the way God was leading but it didn’t feel natural, so I went my own way.  What if Noah had done that?  Would we have missed God's covenant?  Would God have had to use someone else?

I find that I often operate with "Plan B" in my back pocket.  I am ready to take a different route if the one I am on gets bumpy or to difficult to navigate.  Plan B is my safety net.  I once heard it said that God only has Plan A - and we are it.  I am so thankful for faithful servants like Noah.  I pray that I will someday be remembered as one who did everything God commanded.  At least that is my goal.  What about you?  It is never too late to join God in fulfilling Plan A.



Read Genesis 7 here

Listed to Genesis 7 here

No comments: