Pageviews past week

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Story - Chapter 12 - Psalm 32


There are times I just want to run away and hide.  There are seasons that are so painful for one reason or another that I would rather not show my face in public.  It is times like these that I need to find a place to go, a place where I can feel safe and where I have time to process life without outside noise.  Does this ever happen to you?

Psalm 32:7 (NIV)
“You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”

David’s words cause me to realize he is looking for God’s forgiveness.  I feel humbled by the behavior of this man and convicted to follow his example.  I remember a time when I was young, overhearing my father tell my mother that it would be a cold day that he would ever apologize to his children.  It was most likely following a time he jumped to the wrong conclusion and punished one or more of us unjustly.

I learned that it was shameful to tell someone I was sorry for my actions.  I went through most of my childhood and early adult days with this attitude.  It wasn’t until I began a personal relationship with Jesus that this all changed.  When I began to read the Bible I learned from the Book of Psalms, just how freeing and energizing it is to make amends for wrong doing.  It also helped me not to make some of the same mistakes over and over again because to do so would mean I would have to humble myself yet again and admit my shortcomings.

Psalm 32:11 (NIV)
Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!”


Read Psalm 32 here

Listen to Psalm 32 here

No comments: