Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Armed and Ready

2 Corinthians 10

New International Version (NIV)
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:3-4)

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. What are the weapons of this world? In other words, what weapons does Satan use to defeat us? I find they change depending on my current circumstances.  When I have an assignment from God, a Holy cause to write or talk about something God has placed on my heart, Satan will play those old tapes and before I know what happened I am filled with self-doubt and fear.

Then, when I am figuring out my budget and preparing my tithe for Sunday I am suddenly stopped in my tracks. I dream of what I might buy or a bill I could pay if I ignored this item. Greed takes over and before I know what happened...

It is a daily battle to keep on track, to stay the course and not be distracted by Satan's cunning lies. I might very well pay that bill early, but what will not happen for the Kingdom by withholding my tithe? I have an obligation to care for those who need help. That 10% is the Lord's, but I have free will.

How do we fight these attacks? Our weapons are available when, daily we put on the Armor of God.  (Ephesians 6:13-18)

The effective weapons at our disposal -- The world fights with

    • Prayer                                      Blasphemy                     
    • Truth                                        Deceit
    • Peace                                       Turmoil
    • Faith                                         Fear
    • God's Word                              Satan’s lies
2 Corinthians 10

No comments: