Pageviews past week

Monday, June 2, 2014

Pray, GIVE, Go

Why is giving such a touchy topic? I know folks who won't go to church because every time they do they think preacher is asking for money? Is this by chance one area we aren't ready to surrender to God? Do we cling tight to our money because we don't believe God will truly take care of us?

I walked a path of financial insecurity, for three years now, and God has been refining my heart. He is addressing the trust issues with which I struggle. I say I have faith, but do I really? When the going gets real tough, do I believe God is in control; or do I only give lip service to this idea?

2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

I am beginning to understand and believe God will take care of me and my needs. That doesn't mean He will provide for my every whim or desire. It means He will provide for my daily bread. During this season of refining, God reveal is showing me just how much my 'wants' determine my comfort and I hate to admit, but maybe even my faith.

Faith is an area of weakness for me. Oh, to embrace the faith of Abraham or Moses, or Ruth or Mary. The next time I prepare my offering envelope I will look at the experience as an exercise in Faith and Love. I practice tithing but the area I need more practice is doing it with a full and open heart. For me that means not holding back my heart when I give, but praising God for all He has done and will do for me just because He loves.

2 Corinthians 9



No comments: