Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Asked and Answered

Psalm 92:1-2 (MSG)
A Sabbath song What a beautiful thing, GOD, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you, the High God! To announce your love each daybreak, sing your faithful presence all through the night,
How often we ask God for help; we beg for Him to get us out of sticky situations.  This Psalm makes me pause and consider how often I neglect to stop and say thank you.  I know that my prayers are answered before I finished praying them.  Shouldn't my petition also include thanksgiving?

Psalm 92:4-5 (MSG)
You made me so happy, GOD. I saw your work and I shouted for joy. How magnificent your work, GOD! How profound your thoughts!

When I have the joy of experiencing answered prayer and recognize it as such, I am filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude.  I want to tell the world how my God loves and cares for me. Not because He answered my prayer, but that He heard it; He took the time to listen to me.  Amazing.

Psalm 92:15 (NIV)
"The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him." 


Thank you God for my life, for each breath I take.  Thank you for listening to my cries for help and my pleas for forgiveness.  Amen



Psalm 92

No comments: