Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Love Cares

John 13:34-45 "A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this, all men will know that you are my disciples; If you love one another."


This love shares cares and dares. When we love as Jesus loved, there is change--a heart change. This love which Jesus commands states: "All the Believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone a he had need." (Acts 2:44)

There was a time in my life when sharing anything with anyone was the farthest thing from my mind, unless it was a piece of my mind that needed sharing. I did not particularly like people and I did not want to hang around anyone.  I was a loner and I liked it that way. There are many reasons for my 'heart-condition', but that is for another time.

This love exampled by Jesus cares.  This care is done out of love. When a fellow believer, a neighbor has a need, we care for them by helping with that need.

Some new people entered my life, church people no less. These folks took to heart Jesus message and His new command. In many differing ways, these Christians gently came alongside and cared for me. They recognized my brokenness and they dared to care as they shared their faith walk.

The love of Jesus dares to go the extra mile. This love hugs tight, walks alongside, protects and even dies. Daring love shares the story of Jesus and then shares a personal testimony of His love in their own life. Discipleship is love and love cares.



No comments: