Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Trust Issues

Faith. Belief.  These two words all come down to one thing. Trust.
Do you easily trust others?  I know I don’t.  I struggle relinquishing control to someone else.  I have lived much of my life following the motto, “If you want something done right, do it yourself.”

Why is it hard for us to trust others?  The obvious answer is, because they could fail us.

Is it hard for you to trust God?  Ouch! Is that a hard question to be honest about?  Trusting God can be hard because we can’t control the outcome.  We can know in our head that God wants the best for us, but trusting with our heart is not as easy.

Our scripture passage today says,

“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
and also,
“However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.” 

Abraham trusted God.  God said, pack up your stuff and your family and go to the place I will show you.  So Abraham trusted God and obeyed. 

I have found it easier to trust others the more I know them.  I trust my husband because we have been married for 18 years. The closer you are to someone, the more you know if they are trustworthy, and the easier it is to give them control.

The same goes for God. The closer we get to him.  The more we know about him.  The easier it is to trust him.  If he is a stranger to you, it only makes sense that you don’t trust him.


Corrie ten Boom said it wonderfully, “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”  If you don’t know him yet, today’s a good day to start.  Trust me, it will be worth it.

No comments: