Pageviews past week

Friday, August 26, 2016

Your Love Conquers All

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." (1 John 4:12)

OK, admit it, some days life just stinks!  Agree?  We all have our reasons for feeling this way.  God didn't promise smooth sailing, he promised a loving skipper.  There are days when each of us feels like abandoning ship, days when it appears to be the only wise choice.  We have all been in that boat, we have all found ourselves filled with fear of the rolling waves that are surging toward us.

The love we as Christians share with each other is a result of the love God has freely given us.  I know that if I did not feel the affection God has for me I would not be able to love people He puts in my path.

Until God's love was a reality, something I truly believe and therefore experience firsthand, I am unable to care about anyone else.  The way a Christian cares is so much different from the world.

Dear Jesus,
Just for today, help me to experience and to share this Christian Love. The kind of love You share with me every day. 

1 John 4:7-21

No comments: