Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Your Room is Ready, Right This Way!

I wonder how many time Jesus has tried to convince me over the years that He is with me? How many times have I gotten myself into scrapes and tight places when He had to remind me that I am not alone? Even today there are moments when I cry out and He must certainly think, "Not again!" When will she recognize that I never left her?

As I read these nine verses over again, for the 7th and 8th time, different words and phrases become meaningful: Believe in God. (John 14:1) You know the way to place I am going. (John 14:4) I am the way. (John 14:6)

I especially am drawn to the words about a room, a special room just for me that Jesus must go ahead to prepare. But I am wondering why does He need to prepare the room? What is going to be so special about my room that He must make it ready for me? And then the light goes on! He is telling the disciples and you and I why had to go.

It is His leaving; His death and resurrection which prepared the place; made the room ready for me and for you. So now, we must focus on our room. When times get real uncomfortable and trouble takes over, it is the vision of my special room that can motivate me to continue the journey.

The reading today is like a deathbed scene; one which has played out in many of our lives. In this picture, it is Jesus who is preparing to leave His family and friends behind. In our own scenes, it may be a parent or a spouse or child or dear friend who is being made ready to see the room prepared just for him.

All we need to know is Jesus is the Way to that room.
And there is room for us.
We know Jesus, we know the Way.

John 14:1-9

No comments: