Pageviews past week

Sunday, September 25, 2016

You before Me

Acts 21:13 (NLT)
13  But he said, “Why all this weeping? You are breaking my heart! I am ready not only to be jailed at Jerusalem but even to die for the sake of the Lord Jesus.” 

'It's not all about me', is a phrase coined from Rick Warren's popular book, The Purpose Driven Life. It is a concept I remind myself of regularly. It is so easy and comfortable even, to make the happenings of each day to revolve around me. They must please me and/or fit into my comfort zone or I bail.

Even as a church, we have a tendency to do this. But as we grow in relationship with Jesus our attitude changes, our hearts expand beyond our small little world and we begin to recognize the masses, starving for what we have. They are so hungry they can't even identify what is it that is missing.

When I consider what it means to live a life worth imitating, I know it won't be easy. Paul was ready to give it all for the sake of The Gospel. Am I willing then to give up my will?  Am I prepared to take a back seat when all others are clamoring for the driver's seat?  Unity...not easy to attain...not easy to maintain...but worth the battle!


Acts 21-3:15

No comments: