Pageviews past week

Friday, November 25, 2016

Is it Your Time?


The thing about writing a post on a favorite scripture verse(s) is that you don't know where you will end up. Where will the Divine Words take you this time? 
What makes any given verse special to this writer is how it changes my heart each time I study it. "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12 NIV) 

 The verse I want to share today is from the Book of Esther 4:14: "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" At different seasons of my life, this verse spoke in differing ways. 

While praying for relief from whatever oppression was encompassing my life on a particular day, these words were heard with new ears. When crying out to God for a reason for the pain I was experiencing during the early days of my Christian walk, these words of Mordecai to Esther touched me. As my life began to fall apart I begged God for the reason He was turning my world upside down.

The Word was the same, but the heart that heard it and embraced it wasn't. Sometimes 'for such a time as this,' conjured up a sense of hope that God's plan was in the making.  Other times this concept confirmed that I was in the midst of His plan and He was preparing me for tomorrow.

When I struggle to understand the why I only need to reflect on the Who and rest in the assurance that God’s got this one.



No comments: