Pageviews past week

Monday, April 16, 2018

Ezekiel 37:12-14 (NIV)
12  Therefore prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.
13  Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.
14  I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.'" 


This concept of Healing the Broken speaks directly into my life. Twenty years or so ago, I participated in my first Beth Moore Bible study. It was called, Breaking Free. The verse for that study was...

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners...
   (Isaiah 61:1)

When God set about the do a great thing in us, He sent His Son to us. Once we are healed in our Spirit by Jesus, we are strong and free. Breaking our chains like this, provides healing from everything that broke us. Tell how you were healed by the love of Jesus. Your testimony must be told.

Some of us can testify to physical healing, as He still performs miracles today. Other types of healing can be relational. Jesus is Love and His Word preaches Love. I recently went to see the move, Paul, Apostle of Christ. There was a message in this movie I will not forget. When Paul was asked by Luke, how do you forgive all the wrongs that have been done, the injustice of it all (paraphrased by this writer)? Paul responded by telling his companion that it is all about Love. We must love no matter what. 

That is a tough message to hear and to practice. But, isn't that why Jesus came to earth in the first place? It is love that breaks us free from bondage and heals all wounds.

No comments: