Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Potential Friendships are all around us.

Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

How can I fulfill the Great Commission in the context of my family? My co-workers? Neighbors? Folks I encounter in the grocery, barber shop, movie theater? I am learning that I need to have my eyes wide open and intentionally looking for those people who were nothing more than wallpaper before. Looking but not seeing.

Thankfully, Jesus doesn't consider any of us as background noise or invisible creatures.  He sees us all in a wonderful and bright light.  Actually He is the light. Moving through life as a Christ-follower I am called to be that same light for others. I am called to see them - everyone in my path - as someone so dearly loved by God.

Once I have those eyeglasses on, I begin to recognize someone who needs to know the love of God; someone who needs to know that they matter.  This is such an easy thing to do, just talk to them, smile at them, come alongside and invite them to get to know you. Nothing fancy, maybe a coffee date or a lunch break.

We are all starved for attention, for friends who can be counted on. Invite someone into your life; share some of your story as you get acquainted. The word 'go' in the verse at the top means, as you go, make disciples. As you move along through your day, find someone who has been in the peripheral of your vision and pull them in closer.

They just might become your new best friend. 

Matthew 28:16-20

No comments: