Pageviews past week

Monday, November 12, 2018

I will say it again: Rejoice!

       
Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

        I wish this scripture verse was given to me as a mission statement for life.  In it, I could have found direction and reason for being.  Instead (left to my own devices) I created a life that relied on hard work and delivered much stress.
        I seemed anxious about everything.  I had no inner peace to calm my soul.  I longed for gentleness to be evident to all but I did not truly have it to give.  I relied on my own understanding and it overwhelmed me.
        I was uncertain as to who I was and who I was supposed to be.  I was hindered by self-doubt.  I knew that I did not please the people in my life, at least not all of the time, and I did not really even please myself. 
        It wasn’t until I reached the end of myself as an adult that I found the Lord.  Jesus told me I am not what I do, say or think and I am not what others think of me.  When we know the Lord, we are transformed and renewed! 
  
        To rejoice in the Lord eliminates a sense of being separate and spiritually alone.  To have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside gives identity and guidance.  When we know Jesus, we receive those things that belong to Him.  He tells us who we are and gives us what is His!  We are no longer slaves to sin.  Our guilt and shame are lifted. 
   
        The full dimensions of God’s love and care are beyond human comprehension.  He cares for our being and our deepest intentions.   Thanksgiving is the antidote to our anxiety and petition replaces all worry.  Finding the peace that surpasses understanding is a state of knowing all sins are forgiven.
        And, I now say, “Rejoice in the Lord, always!”

No comments: