Pageviews past week

Monday, January 21, 2019

Everyday Spirituality

“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took it and ate it.” (Genesis 3:6 NIV)

I don't like to blame all my short-comings on Adam and Eve, but the truth is, sin has changed everything. Nothing is as it was supposed to be in this life. Until that first sin, there was no death, no pain, no need to wear clothes, to brush our teeth, etc. Everything was perfect and beautiful and peaceful. So, how do we deal with this fact without always putting the blame on them.

This year, my struggles with food came back with a vengence. For a short time, I was in control, but not so any longer. Why? Why do I struggle so with this issue? I could blame it on sin, on Adam and Eve, but the truth is, I am responsible. I sin. I am not am not perfect. I must work on my behaviors and poor habits it all the time.

“But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives live because of righteousness.” (Romans 8:10 NIV)

Is there something you deal with repeatedly? Some habit you have wanted to break so that you could conquer it once and for all. Perhaps it is a heartache, a broken spirit or a painful illness. Instead of creating a new years resolution to overcome, we should give it to God. Let's submit to His will and daily work on our shortcomings. Do this everyday as part of your ordinary daily routine, like brushing your teeth.

Each morning as we face the new day, let's engage our body--take a day to care for our it. Choosing good food, smart exercise and resting a little. This is all that is on the menu.


Genesis 3:6-7,17-19

No comments: