Pageviews past week

Saturday, May 11, 2019


Who Is Worthy??

 Read: 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12       


Remember when Jesus was in the wilderness 40 days and 40 nights and Satan was tempting Him?  Satan even used SCRIPTURE to tempt Jesus. 

What happens when we read something in our Bible, and we don’t understand it, or the sting of the Accuser’s twisted lies throw doubts into our minds about God, His goodness and His love for us?  God wants us to engage our MINDS and fight off the fiery attacks of Satan!  But how?

By following Jesus example.  Pray, and search the scriptures for other verses of the Bible to help bring clarity and wisdom to our hearts. 

That is what happened for me with these verses for today.  My first inclination was to ask, 
“What does it mean that God will make us WORTHY of His calling?  
I am certainly NOT worthy and know I never WILL be!”

So, I dug deeper.  Who were the ones that were declared worthy of God’s calling?

The likes of:    Peter who denied Jesus

                        The woman caught in the act of adultery

                        The street people who were at first NOT invited to the Wedding Banquet

                        Matthew, the tax collector

                        Paul, the murderer of Christians

                        Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David



The list could go on and on.  What did all these people have in common?  They trusted NOT in their own worth, but in the ONE who DECLARED them worthy!                  

We ALL stand in the Eternal Courthouse before the Almighty God as perfect Judge who knows all and sees all!  We are exposed, naked, ashamed and afraid. Yet Jesus, our Advocate declared us worthy because He stood in our place.  He spilled His very Life Blood to make it so!  

Now I can be confident, because He made me worthy!  And He did not stop there!  He is continuing His work in me, day by day, to help me LIVE INTO that which He has declared!  
He has called me to share in His amazing work here in this time and place, while I still have breath in my lungs, until the day He finally calls me home!  


Thank you, Jesus, that you have declared me worthy.  Lead me by Your Powerful Grace to live my life “fulfilling every resolve for good and every work of faith by Your Almighty power.”  


No comments: