Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 9, 2020

My Rock and My Salvation

July 10, 2020

In this Psalm, David appears worn down. Notice in verse 3 that the challenges he’s facing have been going on for a long time. He isn’t just struggling; he is worn out. As you read, look for how David seeks restoration in God for his tired soul. Allow God to restore you as you study and pray. 

STUDY THE SCRIPTURE

Click here to access the reading from Psalm 62
For more help use this Bible Study method

REFLECTION

Will I Be Shaken?
by Jennifer Jerrome

The Psalms speak to a lot of people because David is relatable. He’s no saint and makes plenty of mistakes, but he possesses a deep love for the Lord. Sometimes he cries out in anguish and other times he shouts with praise.
The beginning verses of this psalm are positive affirmations of his faith…

1 Truly my soul finds rest in God;
    my salvation comes from him.
Then he jumps head-first into an overwhelming sense of dread…

3 How long will you assault me?
    Would all of you throw me down—
    this leaning wall, this tottering fence?

Like David, I tend to spend my days bouncing back and forth between highs and lows. I might wake up filled with joy, but then something reminds me of the trials of this world, and I’m left shaking my head asking, “When will it end?”
David’s words give a voice to what many of us are feeling. We love God but hate what’s happening around us. We know we can “trust in him at all times,” but we also acknowledge that living in the world means dealing with hurt and lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts, they curse (v. 4).

It can all be so confusing, but we can look to David - although he was worn down and weary, he kept proclaiming several times, Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken (v. 6).

Life gives us wins and losses. Being human means often juggling mixed emotions. One minute we feel great and then the next we feel like burying our heads, but God is constant. He is there for the good, the bad, and the ugly. He doesn’t leave us. May we all find rest in his unfailing love.

UALC’S CAMPAIGN OF PRAYER 
     
FRIDAY: FAITH
Pray for faith instead of fear. That many would come to faith in Jesus and that we would all trust God more deeply during this time.

No comments: